Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Third monitor is not detected

Hello! I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), Monterey 12.6.1. I also have to monitors. One is rather new and I connect it using USB-C port. Another is quite old and I connect it using a VGA cable and a VGA-USB-C adapter. When I connect them one by one there is no problem. But if I try to connect both of them, then the second one that I am trying to connect (could be either of them) is not detected. How can I sold this issue?

Thank you!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 7:47 AM

nataliaPoN wrote:

Hello! I have a MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020), Monterey 12.6.1. I also have to monitors. One is rather new and I connect it using USB-C port. Another is quite old and I connect it using a VGA cable and a VGA-USB-C adapter. When I connect them one by one there is no problem. But if I try to connect both of them, then the second one that I am trying to connect (could be either of them) is not detected. How can I sold this issue?
Thank you!

There is no issue. The M1 Macs only support one external monitor.

Here are the specs: MacBook Pro 13-inch - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 7:47 AM in response to nataliaPoN

nataliaPoN wrote:

Thank you!

There is no issue. The M1 Macs only support one external monitor.

Here are the specs: MacBook Pro 13-inch - Tech Specs - Apple

"Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors and:

One external display with up to 6K resolution at 60Hz"

Third monitor is not detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.