Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

airdrop iphone

My phone doesn't have airdrop or carplay. I want to know if there is a way to add this on my phone. I never had airdrop even when I had my Iphone 5. But since recent I really would like to have it on my phone.

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 1:35 PM

AirDrop is built in, and cannot be removed. Look for the Share icon

in any app, and one of the options should be AirDrop if the item in question can be AirDropped.

click here ➜ How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

CarPlay is not on the iPhone, CarPlay is on your car's infotainment system. You activate CarPlay by plugging your iPhone into a USB port in a car that supports CarPlay.

If your Car Supports Wireless CarPlay, it's normally initiated from the voice button on the steering wheel, and then selecting your car in Settings ➜ General ➜ CarPlay

click here ➜ Connect iPhone to CarPlay - Apple Support

If the Wireless CarPlay option does not appear in Settings, then see click ➜ No CarPlay option in settings - Apple Community

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 1:35 PM in response to questionqueenB

AirDrop is built in, and cannot be removed. Look for the Share icon

in any app, and one of the options should be AirDrop if the item in question can be AirDropped.

click here ➜ How to use AirDrop on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

CarPlay is not on the iPhone, CarPlay is on your car's infotainment system. You activate CarPlay by plugging your iPhone into a USB port in a car that supports CarPlay.

If your Car Supports Wireless CarPlay, it's normally initiated from the voice button on the steering wheel, and then selecting your car in Settings ➜ General ➜ CarPlay

click here ➜ Connect iPhone to CarPlay - Apple Support

If the Wireless CarPlay option does not appear in Settings, then see click ➜ No CarPlay option in settings - Apple Community

Mar 3, 2023 1:49 PM in response to Phil0124

Hi first of all thank you for your reply!

I added some pictures explaine my problem a little better.

So I do know that my device support airdrop bc I can see the icon undernead my wifi icon. But I can not press on it. When I go to settings I can search for airdrop but when Press on it I can not find it. The yellow on the picture is where my airdrop should be normally. I also know that Carplay is not on the device itself but I know that when you go to your settings you can find the the option Carplay normally undernead the airdrop option. Also in the Yellow zone I marked.

My situation is verry weird. My dad had the same phone as me an Iphone X but he does have the option for airdrop and carplay.

I

Mar 6, 2023 6:32 AM in response to questionqueenB

questionqueenB wrote:

Hi first of all thank you for your reply!

I added some pictures explaine my problem a little better.
So I do know that my device support airdrop bc I can see the icon undernead my wifi icon. But I can not press on it. When I go to settings I can search for airdrop but when Press on it I can not find it.

Looks like it's been restricted. Go to Settings ➜ Screen Time ➜ Content & Privacy Restrictions ➜ Allowed Apps, and make sure AirDrop is enabled there.

If this is an office or school issue iPhone, its possible it may have a profile installed through an Exchange email account that my be preventing the use of AirDrop and maybe even CarPlay.

airdrop iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.