Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Getting music from my CDs onto my iPhone/iPad/MacAir

I still have a bunch of CDs of music I still love that I’d like to put on my iStuff. You used to be able to do this when I had an iPod and I’d rather not repurchase if I don’t have to. Is there a way? Scan the bar code? Something?

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 3, 2023 6:43 PM

Yes, you can still transfer music from CDs to your iStuff, such as an iPhone or iPad, using iTunes on a computer. Here are the steps:

1. Insert the CD into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
  2. Open iTunes on your computer (or download it if you don't have it already).
  3. iTunes should automatically recognize the CD and display the track listing. If not, click on the CD icon in the top left corner of the iTunes window.
  4. Make sure the correct CD information (album title, artist, etc.) is displayed. You can edit this information if necessary.
  5. Select the tracks you want to import by checking the boxes next to each track or selecting all tracks by pressing Ctrl+A (Windows) or Command+A (Mac).
  6. Click the "Import CD" button in the top right corner of the iTunes window. The tracks will begin to import into your iTunes library.
  7. Connect your iStuff device to your computer and sync your iTunes library to your device. The newly imported tracks should appear on your iStuff.

Note that the process may take some time depending on how many tracks you are importing, and you may need to adjust your iTunes import settings to ensure the best audio quality. Additionally, some newer computers may not have a CD/DVD drive, in which case you may need to purchase an external drive to transfer the music.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 3, 2023 6:43 PM in response to Graybastian

Yes, you can still transfer music from CDs to your iStuff, such as an iPhone or iPad, using iTunes on a computer. Here are the steps:

1. Insert the CD into your computer's CD/DVD drive.
  2. Open iTunes on your computer (or download it if you don't have it already).
  3. iTunes should automatically recognize the CD and display the track listing. If not, click on the CD icon in the top left corner of the iTunes window.
  4. Make sure the correct CD information (album title, artist, etc.) is displayed. You can edit this information if necessary.
  5. Select the tracks you want to import by checking the boxes next to each track or selecting all tracks by pressing Ctrl+A (Windows) or Command+A (Mac).
  6. Click the "Import CD" button in the top right corner of the iTunes window. The tracks will begin to import into your iTunes library.
  7. Connect your iStuff device to your computer and sync your iTunes library to your device. The newly imported tracks should appear on your iStuff.

Note that the process may take some time depending on how many tracks you are importing, and you may need to adjust your iTunes import settings to ensure the best audio quality. Additionally, some newer computers may not have a CD/DVD drive, in which case you may need to purchase an external drive to transfer the music.

Getting music from my CDs onto my iPhone/iPad/MacAir

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.