Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV movie synopsis not available for purchased movies

I've purchased hundreds of movies from the Apple Store and when I'm browsing the content of my purchased movie library on Apple TV 4K they don't display the movie synopsis and I forget what most of them are about. Is there a way to view the synopsis or have it display the same way as if I was searching for a movie (in the my computer App in Apple TV)?

The way I'm doing it at the moment is going to the iTunes Store on my phone and searching for the movie, then playing the preview. This is painfully slow and a moronic way to find a movie to watch. Surely Apple hasn't designed it that way. It would be like the old days, going into your local video store and having to decide what to watch by the picture on the cover alone. Its bad enough having to have 2 libraries on Apple TV to search for a movie to watch (purchased movie library and movie library on my computer).

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple TV 4K, tvOS 16

Posted on Mar 4, 2023 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2023 12:18 AM

In the current version, the Apple TV app on the Apple TV box plays library content immediately.

In contrast, the iTunes Movies app accesses the same library, but when selecting a purchased movie there, it will first show the Details page with synopsis/​description and a Play button.

3 replies

Apple TV movie synopsis not available for purchased movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.