Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs on iPhone suddenly greyed out, "not currently available in your country or region"

I've seen this asked many times but have not seen a solution.

I recently updated my iPhone 13 to 16.3.1. Things seemed to be OK, but last night I noticed that most of my music is greyed out. I get the error, "This song is not currently available in your country or region."

The library on my music server (a 2015 Macbook Pro running 11.7.4) is fine.

I am not an Apple Music subscriber. About 90 percent of the 2 GB of music I carry around is legally imported from my CD collection. Most of the rest is songs I purchased from Apple, which appear to be still available on my phone.

I have tried signing out on both devices and signing back in. I also have repeatedly reauthorized my computer. This seems to start a cycle where the grey songs completely disappear, then return, but still grey and unplayable.

I suspect I am going to have to delete everything and start anew but would like to avoid that, especially because I am not sure that will actually solve anything.

Has anybody successfully dealt with this?

iPhone 13

Posted on Mar 7, 2023 10:17 AM

Similar questions

7 replies

Songs on iPhone suddenly greyed out, "not currently available in your country or region"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.