Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes on Windows PC - cannot download music

I purchased a music album from my iPhone, but when I looked for it on my iTunes for PC (Windows 11) it is not there. It is set that to download purchased items. "Check for available downloads..." says there is nothing that I can download. It is in my purchase history but it only give me options to share on social media. What can I do?

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 2:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 9, 2023 8:32 AM

Occasionally new purchases from the iTunes Store can be hidden from your purchase history for reasons unknown. See Hide and unhide music, movies, TV shows, audiobooks, and books - Apple Support and Redownload apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books from the App Store, iTunes Store, and Apple Books - Apple Support.

tt2

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 9, 2023 5:08 PM in response to turingtest2

Thank you for taking time to respond to both my posts - I could not find my own earlier one, and assumed it has not been posted successfully!

The problem I have is that I can see it in my purchase history on iTunes (PC). I can see on which device and when I bought, with order id and everything. But there is no button or link to allow me to download. When I go to the Store and select the same album, it says "purchased", it only shows me how to "share" this, tell a friend, etc., but again, no download option.

I can see more rencent purchase from my PC, both there, and also on my iPhone, so it cannot be an account issue.

iTunes on Windows PC - cannot download music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.