Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to be sure of Apple genuine parts - "Unknown part" warning possible to circumvent

When purchasing refurbished iPhones, one would like to be sure all the parts are original (or replaced with genuine parts).

I'm seeing on YouTube that it's possible to circumvent these non-genuine part warnings by transplanting an 'IC' chip. Just search for "Unknown part warning iPhone" on YouTube and you'll get instruction videos on how to suppress the unknown part warning.

How do I know for sure that a 'refurbished' iPhone has genuine Apple parts?

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 3:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 3:51 AM

Re: “… How do I know for sure that a 'refurbished' iPhone has genuine Apple parts …”

By purchasing from:

Certified Refurbished Products - Apple

4 replies

Mar 10, 2023 5:28 AM in response to Joris W.

As long as there is a strong economic incentive for unscrupulous organizations to defraud those chasing deep discounts …

… such fraud will continue.

Apple devices - being relatively pricey - tend to drive this activity.

The ONLY way to be “sure” is to have full trust and confidence in both the entity from whom you are purchasing AND the provenance of the device.

In the modern “used phone” marketplace, this confidence is difficult to achieve.

Caveat Emptor.

How to be sure of Apple genuine parts - "Unknown part" warning possible to circumvent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.