Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Entering Passcode

When I am asked for the passcode, the 1st tap does nothing.

Only after that "doesn't do anything" tap I can enter the passcode.

I'm on IPadOS with a 2nd gen IPad Pro, latest OS version.

iPad Pro (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 12:12 PM

The described unwanted behaviour happens only when the zoom function is turned on.

IMHO the zoom function is a bit buggy, because I noticed already twice another bug: I switched off my IPad while the display was zoomed in, and so was the display of the passcode after the restart. No way to type in the passcode. The only way was to connect it to my Mac, where I switched off the zoom (General/Configure accessibility).

This is a bit frustrating for people like me, who need the zoom functionality.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2023 12:12 PM in response to Demo

The described unwanted behaviour happens only when the zoom function is turned on.

IMHO the zoom function is a bit buggy, because I noticed already twice another bug: I switched off my IPad while the display was zoomed in, and so was the display of the passcode after the restart. No way to type in the passcode. The only way was to connect it to my Mac, where I switched off the zoom (General/Configure accessibility).

This is a bit frustrating for people like me, who need the zoom functionality.

Entering Passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.