Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t find rented movie

I have an Apple TV+ subscription. I rented movie on my tablet, but cannot find it when using Apple TV+ app on my TV. There seems to be no place for rentals to be found. I searched for the movie name and got error message that no movie exists by that name. Checked spelling, etc - same response. Now I see hundreds of complaints about difficulty finding rented movies. My conclusion: drop the Apple TV subscription; save more that the lost $5 on the movie. There are many streaming options in addition to apple. 🤔

1080p,

Posted on Mar 10, 2023 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 5:41 PM

Some devices have the full Apple TV app, other devices have the Apple TV+ app which is limited to just Apple TV+ content. Which one is available to you, depends on the model device with the app; it is not user choice, but device manufacturer choice. Rented movies are not part of Apple TV+, but from the iTunes Store, which is supported in the full Apple TV app, but not in the Apple TV+ app. You may need a different device to have support for rentals.

The difference is explained in more detail here: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

List of Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

How to watch Apple TV+, MLS Season Pass, and more - Apple Support

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 11, 2023 5:41 PM in response to MPOConnell

Some devices have the full Apple TV app, other devices have the Apple TV+ app which is limited to just Apple TV+ content. Which one is available to you, depends on the model device with the app; it is not user choice, but device manufacturer choice. Rented movies are not part of Apple TV+, but from the iTunes Store, which is supported in the full Apple TV app, but not in the Apple TV+ app. You may need a different device to have support for rentals.

The difference is explained in more detail here: Get the Apple TV app or Apple TV+ app on your smart TV or streaming device - Apple Support

List of Apple TV app and Apple TV+ app-supported smart TVs and third party streaming devices - Apple

How to watch Apple TV+, MLS Season Pass, and more - Apple Support

Rent movies from the Apple TV app - Apple Support

Mar 12, 2023 1:37 AM in response to MPOConnell

You need to be signed in. It would be along the top bar. On my google tv in the Apple TV App I can see my library with all my purchases, which would include any rentals if I had one. When I looked on the Apple TV App through my Shaw cable, it’s limited to Apple TV Plus and not the full App.

If your tv supports AirPlay 2 or has built in chrome-cast, you might be able to Mirror it from your tablet to your tv.

See: Use AirPlay to stream video or mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Can’t find rented movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.