Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

CarPlay crash on iPhone 13 Mini Sith Renault Trafic Easy link

I drive a Renault Trafic with the Easy Link infotainmentsystem. Before my iPhone Xr worked perfectly, i used original and non-original Apple cables. (IOS 16.3.1)

Since upgrading to an iPhone 13 mini (also on 16.3.1) the phone only connects to the car when i use a short non-apple cable. A longer original or any other cable doesn’t connect the phone to the car at all. After a few minutes the CarPlay crashes anyway, music seems to work but opening maps crashes.

I tried every option apple support lists on the website.

With the Xr there a no crashes. I tried several other iPhone and android device and the all work (had no other iPhone 13 mini to try tough). A long phone call to apple support and a visit a the daeler did not help….

Anyone’s got an idea?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 7:55 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Mar 17, 2023 4:25 AM in response to Bruno W

My dealer could not help. My easy link system had all the updates. I ended up sending back the 13 mini. I’m awaiting delivery of an iPhone 14…

i tested using the 13 mini with cable and charging wirelessly at the same time. Then it worked for some time before crashing again.

I guess it has something to do with power consumption of the 13 mini.

Mar 31, 2023 3:02 PM in response to Bruno W

Today I have received the wireless CarPlay adapter mentioned earlier. It works on first try. Music delay seems to be acceptable (1sec) when changing songs. Input delay is not noticeable.

I will have to do some phone call tests to be sure this has no delay.

Will need some extra overall testing but it looks very promising.

Link to wireless CarPlay adapter:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPsmW38

Apr 29, 2023 11:58 AM in response to Bruno W

It keeps working very well. Only downside is that you need to manually connect when using another paired phone. So just search the paired device in bluetooth menu and click it to connect. Then it will only automatically connect to this phone until you do the same with another. The device only seems to remember one iPhone. Although you do not need to pair again, just connect.

CarPlay crash on iPhone 13 Mini Sith Renault Trafic Easy link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.