Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification about iPhone wanting to use the iCloud account keeps coming back

Since buying a new mac mini, and installing it, both my older macbook and my new mac mini come up with this notification,

Sometimes twenty in a row, on my work account and on my personal account. It gives me the choice of approving or not, and neither option gets rid of the issue. It keeps coming back, even that my phone is connected to iCloud correctly.

Mac mini, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2023 12:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 12:34 PM

I tried and tried a few things, and yesterday one more thing. I signed my phone out of the iCloud, and then signed in again. That seems to have done the trick. Did not have anymore notifications since.

Computers......

2 replies

Mar 13, 2023 12:02 PM in response to axelbottenberg

Salutations axelbottenberg, 

Please check on your iPhone in the Settings app and note whether you have a notification in there asking you to verify your Apple ID. If you do, please tap on it and enter the details it asks for and then see if the notification comes back or if the notifications on your Macs go away. 

Also, we’d like have you make sure all devices are up to date - 

Update your iPhone or iPad

Update macOS on Mac

One more thing to check, if you use any type of VPN service on any of your devices, can you temporarily remove it, start and test again? Check VPN (Virtual Private Network) and third-party software to help resolve network connectivity issues

Let us know how that goes. 

Thanks. 

Notification about iPhone wanting to use the iCloud account keeps coming back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.