Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is is possible to have two Documents folders? One on iCloud and one on your hard drive?

I have some documents (such as financial) that I don't want on iCloud. Is is possible to have two Documents folders:

• one on my HD contains financial documents and other stuff I don't want/need on iCloud
  • one on iCloud

Mac mini (2018)

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 12, 2023 6:44 PM

If you have iCloud Drive and Desktop & Documents turned on and have some files that you don't want on iCloud, create a new folder in your Home folder and save those files to that location.

Open a Finder window.

Click the Finder "Go" menu in the menubar and click "Home" on that menu.

Click the File menu on the menubar and click "New Folder."

Give that folder a name (Not Documents -- in order to avoid confusion).

Save files that you don't want synced with iCloud to that folder or subfolders within that folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 12, 2023 6:44 PM in response to Cheetaux

If you have iCloud Drive and Desktop & Documents turned on and have some files that you don't want on iCloud, create a new folder in your Home folder and save those files to that location.

Open a Finder window.

Click the Finder "Go" menu in the menubar and click "Home" on that menu.

Click the File menu on the menubar and click "New Folder."

Give that folder a name (Not Documents -- in order to avoid confusion).

Save files that you don't want synced with iCloud to that folder or subfolders within that folder.

Is is possible to have two Documents folders? One on iCloud and one on your hard drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.