iPhone 13 Pro Bluetooth Interference

I've seen this issue floating around on the Community forums about this and everyone seems to have some other reason for it. As my title says, I have an iPhone 13 Pro (iOS 16.3.1) and an Apple Watch Series 6 (WatchOS 9.3.1), and when my iPhone is connected to my car stereo, I'll get dropouts and interference while listening to podcasts on the way to/from work. Now, before you say it's my car stereo that could be the issue, this is happening in FOUR completely different cars. The ONLY thing that is common would be that the cars ranging from 2010 to 2017 use older Bluetooth technology in them. I've been in contact with Tech Support many times and talked with a few senior techs on the phone about this and all of them were stumped and escalated the issue up the tech support chain. I've been dealing with this since the iPhone 13 Pro came out on the market. I didn't have these issues with my previous iPhone 7 Plus. If I connect my iPhone directly to my car stereo via hardwire cable, it's fine but that's not the point here. It's 2023 and I shouldn't have to be connecting hardwired to listen to podcasts/music. Has anyone resolved their issues with Bluetooth and this iPhone?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 2:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 1, 2024 8:33 AM

I've had the iPhone 13 Pro since Dec. 2022. Never had any issues with bluetooth until last week. Suddenly, I'm experiencing all the same interference issues described regardless of which bluetooth device I'm connected to. It happens to my AirPods, AirPods Pro, Car, etc. It also tends to happen in the same locations around my neighborhood while walking or running, or on my regular commutes while driving.

I have no clue what happened to make the interference begin, but I'm frustrated to learn it's a widespread issue that has no resolution.

Similar questions

35 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 1, 2024 8:33 AM in response to tvman11

I've had the iPhone 13 Pro since Dec. 2022. Never had any issues with bluetooth until last week. Suddenly, I'm experiencing all the same interference issues described regardless of which bluetooth device I'm connected to. It happens to my AirPods, AirPods Pro, Car, etc. It also tends to happen in the same locations around my neighborhood while walking or running, or on my regular commutes while driving.

I have no clue what happened to make the interference begin, but I'm frustrated to learn it's a widespread issue that has no resolution.

Nov 1, 2023 3:50 PM in response to kristenclifford31

I have the same problem after the latest update my phone ( 13 pro max ) has a Bluetooth issue not connecting to my AirPods or CarPlay I took it genuis bar but they couldn’t fix it and they said no problems with the hardware or software

I was willing to get the new iPhone 15 pro max but I saw some comments about having the same issue,, does anyone have experience with this?

Jun 3, 2023 4:22 PM in response to tvman11

I have the same issue too !!!! It happens with my wireless headphones while walking the dog and it occurs in my car with the Bluetooth stereo . I have contacted Apple support, changed my headphones, got a new phone and even made an appointment at the store and nobody seems to resolve this issue. It’s refreshing to know that other people have had the same problem, but I wish it was a way to solve it as I use my wireless headphones every single day, and I grow more and more frustrated with the poor quality and the constant interferences. If anyone figures it out, please put it in the support group so I can try to resolve the issue for my own problem.

May 19, 2023 11:45 AM in response to jsaugling

No solution yet! But to agree with you, the issue does always occur at the same spots in my commute to work. Here's the problem, I NEVER had this issue with my iPhone 7 Plus anywhere, just my iPhone 13 Pro. While I do understand as time marches on, more and more Bluetooth and electronic devices are being added, more interference is added, too, BUT, our iPhones are ONLY about 2 inches away from our vehicle entertainment systems. That's some pretty strong interference (in mostly residential areas) to break up a Bluetooth signal with your iPhone being in such close proximity to the car stereo. Apple is yet to figure out what's going on and I've been working with them for almost a year now.

Nov 1, 2023 4:14 AM in response to tvman11

I have been having the same issues no matter what Bluetooth device I am connected to - I thought it was my Alexa at first because that is where I was experiencing it but then it started happening in the car and when I connect to any of my other Bluetooth devices. This is very irritating and they need to find a fix sooner rather than later because I basically don't have anything other than in the car that is wired any longer :(.

Nov 10, 2023 1:37 PM in response to tvman11

i have been having an issue with my iPhone 13 Pro and my AirPod Pro in low cellular signal strength. My phone keeps dropping my BT connection to my AirPods during a call. Tried switching off Wi-Fi, didn’t help. Cycled power, didn’t help. I work on wireless products, I think they have a design flaw, their Cellular radio’s noise is affecting BT transmissions. Some carrier bands are near the Wi-Fi/BT 2.4G band. If they don’t have the right filtering, noise from the cellular bands can affect BT performance.

Nov 22, 2023 4:20 AM in response to tvman11

I’m also, experiencing Bluetooth issues. Mainly on voice calls tho. Stereo does mess up in the car but my main issue is with voice calls. I’ll be in the middle of a conversation and then the voice gets distorted on both ends, causing the person who is talking to sound like a distorted robot. It’s ridiculous. I can’t find a fix either but now at least I know that I’m not alone on this issue. Ridiculous design flaw it sounds like. Wish they would fix this. It didn’t start getting worse until this most recent iOS update to 17.

Jun 29, 2023 7:03 AM in response to Nr_813

As one person mentioned above, it’s poor design on Apple’s part that causing these issues. Another big one I’m facing now is that my battery is going bad and I haven’t even gotten the phones paid off yet. My iPhone 7 Plus lasted 4 years before I had to replace its battery. Apple’s quality has seriously gone downhill.

Jun 7, 2024 11:42 AM in response to tvman11

Hello! I’ve been having the same issue for a long time now and have been scratching my head for close to two years without an answer. I finally dug into my location services settings played with a few things based on what was recently recently using my location when my sign was cutting out. I went into “system services” under my “location services” in my settings and I both disabled AND cleared history for my “significant locations”. Since then i haven’t had this issue again. It has only been 2 days but worth looking into!

Jun 4, 2023 6:02 AM in response to Melsold

The issue lies with a design flaw within the iPhones now and the fact that EVERYTHING uses Bluetooth or is some sort of wireless technology which is causing an overload in the signal spectrum. Bluetooth is supposed to have a max range of 30-50 feet but with all the wireless systems out here now, frequency spectrums are overwhelmed. The design flaw lies within the shielding of the phones electronics. Obviously, there’s not enough to protect them anymore. Since getting the iPhone 13 Pro, I get more dropped calls than ever, on top of the Bluetooth issues mentioned here. Basically, going back to wired headphones and car audio is the only solution.

Dec 25, 2023 11:56 AM in response to tvman11

I have a 13 pro max and my wife has a 13 pro. We both have had similar Bluetooth issues for about 6 months now. Devices are up to date. AirPods are up to date. Car radio is up to date. Curious if Apple has looked into this yet? We were just waiting for an update to resolve the issue. We experience static and digital skipping (best way I can describe the sound) while using Bluetooth audio devices.

Apr 4, 2023 5:27 PM in response to tvman11

Wondering if you had any luck finding a resolution, I have the same issue.

Doesn’t matter if I’m driving with phone connected to Bluetooth (mine or my wife’s car), walking or driving with AirPods, music/audiobook/podcast (all downloaded to the device) all cutout.

My wife also has a 13 pro max and has no issues when connected to either of our cars.

I even know the areas where it will happen cause it’s always the same spots.

iPhone 13 Pro Bluetooth Interference

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.