Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iBooks app on iPad -- brightness

Is there a mechanism for dimming the font when reading on the iBooks app? Apple seems to have done a redesign of iBooks and you can no longer dim the font/letters on the page (or I can't figure out how). I realize that I am able to adjust the background to black, light, etc. but the letters on the page are so incredibly bright, particularly in the darker background fonts. You used to be able to dim the entire page so that it was not so intense, particularly when you are trying to read at night and wind down.

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 16

Posted on Mar 13, 2023 6:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 9:54 AM

You should still be able to select the theme and screen brightness within Apple Books…

With a book open, tap the screen to expose the selection icon at bottom-right of the screen:

Tap the selection icon to show the menu:

Select Themes & Settings:

Select your preferred Theme/Style/Brightness from the available options.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 14, 2023 9:54 AM in response to Abster84

You should still be able to select the theme and screen brightness within Apple Books…

With a book open, tap the screen to expose the selection icon at bottom-right of the screen:

Tap the selection icon to show the menu:

Select Themes & Settings:

Select your preferred Theme/Style/Brightness from the available options.

iBooks app on iPad -- brightness

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.