Font and Brightness. Prior to the lates update the A button could be used to adjust brightness and font size. With the update the A button has disappeared. Where is it ?

I know I can adjust these things using settings. But the only time I routinely make these adjustments is in iBooks. So to lose this facility is a pain in the neck.

iPad mini, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 4, 2023 10:24 AM

Presumably you are using iPadOS 16 - and not iOS9 as suggested by the tags appended to your post.

From the open book within the books App, tap the icon at bottom right of the screen. If you don't see the icon, tap the screen...

Tapping the icon will expose a menu - from which you can select Themes & Settings:

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 4, 2023 10:24 AM in response to Geoffrey1939

Presumably you are using iPadOS 16 - and not iOS9 as suggested by the tags appended to your post.

From the open book within the books App, tap the icon at bottom right of the screen. If you don't see the icon, tap the screen...

Tapping the icon will expose a menu - from which you can select Themes & Settings:

The iPad User Guide is a rich source of frequently overlooked information about your iPad and iPadOS. The Guide is available both online using a web browser (such as Safari), or as an Apple Books download:

iPad User Guide - Apple Support

https://books.apple.com/book/id1567104892

Font and Brightness. Prior to the lates update the A button could be used to adjust brightness and font size. With the update the A button has disappeared. Where is it ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.