Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

animate text that begins off the stage

Trying to flow some text from one side of the stage to the other. On the first frame the text it outside the stage area. On the last frame it's outside the stage area on the other side. This doesn't want to work with the simple Transform method as the text gets cut off. For the life of me I can't make the Show Video Animation gizmo work and the manual is not informative.

Can anybody help?

This question is about Final Cut trial on a desktop Mac Mini

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 8:01 AM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2023 10:23 AM in response to stufromhalifax

It seems to me that the problem is the text itself is just too big for the frame. Using the Transform in this case is not going to help.

Are you using the Basic Title? Do you have Motion?

If you open a copy in Motion, you can select the text, and Publish the Offset parameter. Then in FCP you can keyframe the offset to obtain an effect similar to the one below. If you don't have Motion, I can send you a copy of this modified title.

animate text that begins off the stage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.