Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

homekit can't invite people

I've updated to iOS 16.3.1, and yet i found i can't invite people to the homekit cuz there is literally no this option provide to me. in the setting, there should have a button saying "invite people", but now in my homekit, there is none option and no such button that i can click on. Can someone help me please?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 14, 2023 11:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2023 1:05 AM

Hi!

I have the same issue.

I can’t invite anyone, as there is no „+“ to add.

Please have a look on the attached picture.

Thx

15 replies

Aug 15, 2023 12:31 PM in response to wolfie3201

I had the same problem and I solved it.

you can’t choose the person that you want to invite from the contact list, but you can type his/her apple ID (***gmail.com) and send invitation.

then he/she will open the home app, you can see the invitation. (There wont be a notification dont wait for it, you should open the app to see the invitation)

[Edited by Moderator]

Mar 15, 2023 1:33 PM in response to wolfie3201

Hi there wolfie3201,

We're happy to provide some guidance. You'll want to be sure you're following the steps below to share control of your home and send an invitation:

Invite someone to control your home
If Home has been upgraded to the new Home architecture, you must set up a home hub to share control of your home.
To invite someone to control your home, follow these steps:

1. Open the Home app on your iPhone, iPad, or Mac.
2. Tap or click the More button , then select Home Settings. If you have multiple homes set up, choose the Home that you want to invite someone to, then select Home Settings.
3. Tap or click Invite People.
iPhone with Home app showing Invite People option in Home Settings
5. Enter the person's Apple ID that they use with iCloud.
6. Tap or click Send Invite.

If you're unable to share control of your home, have a look at this information:

If you can't share control of a home
* To invite people to control your home while you're away and edit permissions for them, you need to set up a home hub. If you don't have a home hub set up, you can only invite people when you're home and connected to your home Wi-Fi network. Matter-enabled accessories require a home hub, such as Apple TV 4K or HomePod mini.
* If Home has been upgraded to the new Home architecture, you must set up a home hub to share control of your home.
* You and the people you invite need the latest version of iOS, iPadOS, or macOS.
* Make sure that you and the people you invite are signed in to iCloud on iPhone, iPad, or Mac. In iCloud settings, turn on Home.
* Make sure that you and the people you invite haven't blocked each other's phone number or Apple ID. Learn how to manage blocked phone numbers, contacts, and emails on iPhone or iPad and how to manage blocked callers on Mac.

You'll find these steps and more details here: Share control of your home - Apple Support

Take care.

homekit can't invite people

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.