Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voice Isolation not showing FCPX 10.6.5

I'm using FCPX 10.6.5 but when I open the Audio settings I can only access Audio Enhancements (auto) and Pan - there's no other drop down or visible settings.

I'm looking for the voice isolation tool - anyone know how I can access it?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 3:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 10:23 AM

@Sholly7 do you have dual mono audio or is it truly recorded as stereo? If it's not really stereo, you can disable one of the audio components. Voice Isolation won't work with multiple audio components.

From Enhance audio in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

"Important: Audio enhancement works on the component level, not the clip level. If your audio clip has more than one audio component (for example, a dual mono clip), select an individual component, then proceed with the enhancements."

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 10:23 AM in response to Davis_

@Sholly7 do you have dual mono audio or is it truly recorded as stereo? If it's not really stereo, you can disable one of the audio components. Voice Isolation won't work with multiple audio components.

From Enhance audio in Final Cut Pro - Apple Support

"Important: Audio enhancement works on the component level, not the clip level. If your audio clip has more than one audio component (for example, a dual mono clip), select an individual component, then proceed with the enhancements."

Voice Isolation not showing FCPX 10.6.5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.