Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WIFI & Cellular keeps dropping off

So I have a brand new iPhone 13 pro max and I've only been using it for just over a week.

The problem is it keeps dropping off from WIFI & Cellular despite me resetting network settings, forgetting wifi & setting it up new, keeping the iOS up to date & erasing & resetting all settings.

I have to switch it on to airplane mode and restart the phone to get wifi & cellular back. Then it will work perfectly for a few days then drop off again.

My question is: Is this a hardware problem that will get worse as time goes on? Should I get Apple to replace it or is it just a software bug with iphone 13's that might be ironed out in a future update?

I'm using iOS 16.3.1 if that helps.

Any advice appreciated. Have a great day 😊

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 7:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 10:28 AM

Hey there tameka254,

Make sure you’ve gone through all the steps in the following links for the issues. They could lead to a resolution:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

If the issues persist after that, reaching out to Apple Support would be the next best step. They’ll be able to look further into this with you and see what options are available for this ongoing issue. You can reach out at this link:

Contact Apple for support and service 

Take care.

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 10:28 AM in response to tameka254

Hey there tameka254,

Make sure you’ve gone through all the steps in the following links for the issues. They could lead to a resolution:

If you see No Service, Searching, or SOS on your iPhone or iPad

If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

If the issues persist after that, reaching out to Apple Support would be the next best step. They’ll be able to look further into this with you and see what options are available for this ongoing issue. You can reach out at this link:

Contact Apple for support and service 

Take care.

WIFI & Cellular keeps dropping off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.