Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do others find the Macbook Pro touchpad to be really frutrating to use, or is it just mine?

My 2022 Black Fri. Macbook M1 Pro has a trackpad that often requires a 'thump' ever since the day I got it new. I want to use a light touch, but it is extremely inconsistent doing that. In addition I have to tap or thump it in a small sweet spot in the center or it does not register, even though the rest of the touchpad is functional for moving the cursor around. This is maddening. I've had many laptops that never put me through this.

One support guy told me that was the nature of the beast. Is this true? Should I impale it on a RR spike? :-/

How could qc guys let something like this get shipped? Now I have to pay for a repair after 4 months?

Windows, 10

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 5:32 PM

Steve_in_San_Diego wrote:

My 2022 Black Fri. Macbook M1 Pro has a trackpad that often requires a 'thump' ever since the day I got it new. I want to use a light touch, but it is extremely inconsistent doing that. In addition I have to tap or thump it in a small sweet spot in the center or it does not register, even though the rest of the touchpad is functional for moving the cursor around. This is maddening. I've had many laptops that never put me through this.

One support guy told me that was the nature of the beast. Is this true? Should I impale it on a RR spike? :-/

How could qc guys let something like this get shipped? Now I have to pay for a repair after 4 months?

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

if you are past the return period—take it in...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Hardware issue are covered under your 1-yr warranty

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 5:32 PM in response to Steve_in_San_Diego

Steve_in_San_Diego wrote:

you have a limited 14 days for an exchange or refund for any reason—see Returns & Refunds Order status

Only items that have been purchased directly from Apple, either online or at an Apple Retail Store

Returns & Refunds - Shopping Help - Apple

if you are past the return period—take it in...

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Outside the USA

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Hardware issue are covered under your 1-yr warranty

Check your coverage

My Support - Official Apple Support

Do others find the Macbook Pro touchpad to be really frutrating to use, or is it just mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.