Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacing crack the trackpad on 13" MacBook pro-Apple Support ...

I have a MacBook Air 2017, which I've been using for two years, and I'm pretty satisfied with it, but suddenly yesterday, when I opened my Mac and tried to drag it, I realised I was not feeling the clicking sound. (TAP TO CLICK WAS ENABLED) My MacBook can scroll and get input of mouseX and mouseY, but it isn't physically clicking, which I need not explain is a nightmare. My warranty has expired but what I suspect here is that this isn't due to mishandling but maybe the battery swelling (which is pretty not so probable) or due to the trackpad's adhesive or batteries placement being affected. None of these is the user's fault, so what will be the solution? How much will it cost? I live in INDIA. Do apple repair manufacture defects for free after expiration of the warranty.

https://applelaptopservice.center/apple-authorised-service-centres-mumbai/

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 10, 2022 4:54 AM

I do not live in India, so I am not sure how easy it would be to go to an Apple Store, but that is your best bet. You will need to take it to the nearest Genius Bar for them to fix.

See this link on Mac Repair (India): https://support.apple.com/en-in/mac/repair/service

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 10, 2022 10:32 PM in response to afreen273

In the US we have had a swollen battery replaced by Apple for free as long as the laptop was less than three years old. Otherwise you will need to pay for the repair. I highly recommend having Apple replace the battery since the quality of third party Lithium-ion batteries is extremely poor even when purchased from a reputable vendor such as OWC. I personally will not purchase a third party Lithium-ion Battery unless I cannot get an official Apple battery repair from Apple.

FYI, please don't post pictures you find online as it confuses people who are trying to assist you here. If you are going to post any pictures showing a laptop, then post pictures of your own laptop showing the problem. You have posted what appears to be at least one stock picture from a repair site, plus you posted one picture of a MacBook Air and another picture of what appears to be a MacBook Pro (the front edge appears thicker than an Air) which further confuses things. Plus the Subject line of your post and the first line of your post don't match either (again mixing MacBook Pro and MacBook Air 2017.

Replacing crack the trackpad on 13" MacBook pro-Apple Support ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.