Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod 2 and iOS 15 home app

I have a new HomePod 2 that doesn’t show up in the home app on my iPhone running 15.7.3.

I can get it set up with my iPad Air running iOS 16.

When I look in the home app it shows up on the iPad but not on the iPhone. My old iPhone mini still shows up on my iPhone. You can still play music etc via airplay from the iPhone to the Homepod 2

I tried resetting it and setting it up using the iPhone but it required an update that can’t be made on the iPhone (iPhone 6s).

So is it now impossible to access the homepod 2 via the home app on the iPhone?

HomePod (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 16, 2023 4:10 AM

The HomePod needs the latest version of iOS to function properly, so no, you cannot use it With your iPhone running iOS 15.7.3

See this for further reference

Requirements

• HomePod with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation or later) or iPhone 8 or later with the latest version of iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), or iPad mini (5th generation or later) with the latest version of iPadOS
  • 802.11 Wi-Fi internet access

HomePod (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications - Apple

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 16, 2023 4:10 AM in response to Lwio

The HomePod needs the latest version of iOS to function properly, so no, you cannot use it With your iPhone running iOS 15.7.3

See this for further reference

Requirements

• HomePod with the latest version of software
  • iPhone SE (2nd generation or later) or iPhone 8 or later with the latest version of iOS; or iPad Pro, iPad (5th generation or later), iPad Air (3rd generation or later), or iPad mini (5th generation or later) with the latest version of iPadOS
  • 802.11 Wi-Fi internet access

HomePod (2nd generation) - Technical Specifications - Apple

HomePod 2 and iOS 15 home app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.