Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why Safari cannot translate a web page while in reader's view

Hi,

Got something weird, here. I'm on Mac OS Ventura, latest release. On Safari I cannot translate a page while I'm in reader's view. Why? I should be able to translate a page whenever I'm in normal view or reader's view! Shouldn't I?

Apple guys; a little update here?, pleeeeease?

Thank's

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 6:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 19, 2023 11:30 AM

Hello danvin67,

That is correct. The Translate function will only work on the main website view. If you switch the page to the Reader view you will not be able to access the Translate button.

Translate a webpage in Safari on Mac

If you'd like to see a Translate button added to the Reader view, you can submit that suggestion to Apple through their feedback site here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 19, 2023 11:30 AM in response to danvin67

Hello danvin67,

That is correct. The Translate function will only work on the main website view. If you switch the page to the Reader view you will not be able to access the Translate button.

Translate a webpage in Safari on Mac

If you'd like to see a Translate button added to the Reader view, you can submit that suggestion to Apple through their feedback site here: Product Feedback

Cheers!

Why Safari cannot translate a web page while in reader's view

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.