Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Retrieve the deleted videos

I was trying to free some storage on my iPhone and deleted some videos from "Review personal videos" in setting, then realized that they were permanently deleted !!!!!!!!!!! I thought it is the same like deleting large attachments .............

Can I get them back ? and how ?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 17, 2023 7:32 PM

You can find your deleted photos and videos in the Recently Deleted folder in the Photo app. Images and videos that have been in that folder for more than 30 days are automatically deleted. If you have emptied the folder yourself, the images and videos unfortunately cannot be restored.

You can find more information here:

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 17, 2023 7:32 PM in response to JJChenTW

You can find your deleted photos and videos in the Recently Deleted folder in the Photo app. Images and videos that have been in that folder for more than 30 days are automatically deleted. If you have emptied the folder yourself, the images and videos unfortunately cannot be restored.

You can find more information here:

If you're missing photos or videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

Mar 17, 2023 7:42 PM in response to JJChenTW

JJChenTW Said:

"Retrieve the deleted videos: I was trying to free some storage on my iPhone and deleted some videos from 'Review personal videos' in setting, then realized that they were permanently deleted !!!!!!!!!!! I thought it is the same like deleting large attachments Can I get them back ? and how ?"

-------

For future reference...

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Try Removing Data from the iPhone itself...

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Use my two User Tips:

Mar 17, 2023 7:42 PM in response to JJChenTW

JJChenTW Said:

"Retrieve the deleted videos: I was trying to free some storage on my iPhone and deleted some videos from 'Review personal videos' in setting, then realized that they were permanently deleted !!!!!!!!!!! I thought it is the same like deleting large attachments Can I get them back ? and how ?"

-------

Troubleshooting Lost Videos:

Loss of data is something you would have agreed to upon opening an Apple Account. So, if the following does not work, then they are gone. That's just the way it is :(

Four Tactics to Try:

A. Start here: If you're Missing Photos or Videos in the Photos app - Apple Support

B. Check iCloud Directly:

See if they reside in iCloud Photos. Log in here: https://www.icloud.com/photos

C. Use a Time Machine Backup:

Did you backup your Mac, recently? If so, then restore your Mac from that. You'd backup you Mac prior to doing so, and then restore your data from the backup you just created, through use of Migration Assistant.

D. Where Else to Check:

• PC
  • PDA
  • eMail
  • Mac Device
  • Cloud Storage
  • Android Phone
  • USB Flash Drive
  • External Hard drive
  • Secure Digital Card
  • Compact Flash Card

Retrieve the deleted videos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.