Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook problem with shuts down randomly, red apple on the screen

Hey everyone!👋🏼

The thing is, I have a macbook M1 Pro 2021 14 display which I bought in november 2022 and in january it started malfunctioning.

It started shutting down randomly. The screen just instantly goes out along with the backlight on the keyboard.

It can only be switched back on with the charging cable connected.

When switching it on, it makes a clicking sound and shows a charge of 20%. Unfortunately, when that happens I can't say exactly what the battery percentage was before it was switched off, but after switching it on it charges to 100% in about 20 minutes. After that it runs absolutely fine for 8 hours.

I've read the advices on the internet and had a system diagnostic and the macbook showed a code ADP000 (which means no problems detected)

I did not encounter this problem initially after the first update. Called apples support and was advised to update the OS and the problem went away. But recently I upgraded again to the latest version of the os at the moment and the problem is back.

I'm attaching a video of me trying to power on the laptop after the diagnostic, but it won't turn on without connecting to the charger, perhaps that's how it should be.

The weird thing is that when you replay the video you can hear the click and notice first the blue and then the red apple. I will attach a screenshot. This is not the first time it's turned on with this sound.

This is my first macbook and it scares me to run into my first usage issues so soon.

Is this normal????

What is your advice?

Why is the apple red?

What is the clicking?

So many questions and so few answers.

Cautioning questions, I've only discharged the laptop completely once, and try NOT to keep it at 100% or even charge to 93-96%.

The battery condition is normal.

I use the original cable and adapter that came with it.

PS after a month of use appeared scuffs/scratches on the screen from the keyboard ... and dots on the screen (in the service said that this is a chip on the display) this photos are also in the post on reddit.

So, my advice is to buy a display film immediately

#macbook #apple #problem #redapple #dispay #battery #macbookshutdown #macproblem #macOS

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 14″

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 4:06 PM

netaliV wrote:

Hey everyone!👋🏼
The thing is, I have a macbook M1 Pro 2021 14 display which I bought in november 2022 and in january it started malfunctioning.
It started shutting down randomly. The screen just instantly goes out along with the backlight on the keyboard.
When switching it on, it makes a clicking sound and shows a charge of 20%. Unfortunately, when that happens I can't say exactly what the battery percentage was before it was switched off, but after switching it on it charges to 100% in about 20 minutes. After that it runs absolutely fine for 8 hours.
I've read the advices on the internet and had a system diagnostic and the macbook showed a code ADP000 (which means no problems detected)

I did not encounter this problem initially after the first update. Called apples support and was advised to update the OS and the problem went away. But recently I upgraded again to the latest version of the os at the moment and the problem is back.
I'm attaching a video of me trying to power on the laptop after the diagnostic, but it won't turn on without connecting to the charger, perhaps that's how it should be.
The weird thing is that when you replay the video you can hear the click and notice first the blue and then the red apple. I will attach a screenshot. This is not the first time it's turned on with this sound.

This is my first macbook and it scares me to run into my first usage issues so soon.

Is this normal????
What is your advice?
Why is the apple red?
What is the clicking?
Cautioning questions, I've only discharged the laptop completely once, and try NOT to keep it at 100% or even charge to 93-96%.

PS after a month of use appeared scuffs/scratches on the screen from the keyboard ... and dots on the screen (in the service said that this is a chip on the display) this photos are also in the post on reddit.

Sounds like a glitch—

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can try A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no insight—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

If no resolve I would try reinstalling the macOS on top of your existing macOS and compare your results.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2023 4:06 PM in response to netaliV

netaliV wrote:

Hey everyone!👋🏼

Is this normal????
What is your advice?
Why is the apple red?
What is the clicking?

Sounds like a glitch—

verify your software is up to date…

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

You can try A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

if no insight—

To be proactive you can file a bug report /submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

If no resolve I would try reinstalling the macOS on top of your existing macOS and compare your results.

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

Macbook problem with shuts down randomly, red apple on the screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.