Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I plug in MacBook Pro power, the screen looks like this

As I see others also have the same problem: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 Pro shutting down wit… - Apple Community and solved it by keeping plugged in for a few hours to recalibrate. I tried the same and works.

There has left only one issue. When it's on 1%(while working on battery) switches off and after this when I plug in power screen looks like this:

after 1-2 seconds it changes in the normal view. I made diagnostic check and there was no found any issue: ADP000

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2022 8:52 AM

Try the following:

Update macOS.

Try Safe Mode.

Use Apple Diagnostics to test your Mac.

If that does not help, then get expert service and support at the Genius Bar.

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 17, 2022 10:28 AM in response to irakli2048

irakli2048 wrote:

There has left only one issue. When it's on 1%(while working on battery) switches off and after this when I plug in power screen looks like this:

after 1-2 seconds it changes in the normal view. I made diagnostic check and there was no found any issue: ADP000

I would not advise to let the battery run down to 1%.... seems like this would solve your issue(...?) Full stop.

As screen glitch like this— there is barely enough power available to run your Mac.

It is taking your "1-2 second" to catch up and sort itself.

If you are near the mains leave it plugged in, if you need the portability then run on battery only.

Lithium ion batteries do not like to run down to your near zero %...

About lithium-ion batteries

https://www.apple.com/batteries/why-lithium-ion/

if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Apr 19, 2022 9:52 AM in response to irakli2048

irakli2048 wrote:

I'm wondering other M1 pros do the same when someone plagues it in power( after the laptop switched off because 0% battery)?

It is detrimental to run your battery to 1% -0%— you can expect all kinds of failures as you Mac tries to save itself.

What would you prefer data lose or a screen glitch as you lost all power and plug-in/reboot...

This is independent of "I'm wondering other M1 pros do the same when someone plagues it in power."

Nobody in their right mind is going to test this scenario for you for any type of corroboration...

Best advise—don't do it.

Rule of thumb—if it ain't broke don't fix it

If you are adamant & continue to insinuate you have a hardware issue—then by all means as suggested above take it in:

In or out of warranty you can get a free over the counter 'Apple Service Diagnostics' test /assessment

Make an appointment for a "hardware issue"

https://www.apple.com/retail/geniusbar/

Outside the USA

https://locate.apple.com/country

When I plug in MacBook Pro power, the screen looks like this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.