Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air sound problem

Basically my dynamic stopped working for a few weeks now. It happened because i put wrong device in dynamic, since then there is no sound in my computer. I took it for repair today, to a few places since we do not have official Apple support here, and they told me even if they are fixing mechanical problem they have to delete everything from it. Is it true? Is it avoidable?

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 1:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 18, 2023 9:02 AM

If the shop thinks its a software issue and the best solution would to re-install the operating system then yes everything could be deleted. Whatever they have to do backup your data first at home using Time Machine before having it repaired. Use the link below on how back it up and restore.

Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 18, 2023 9:02 AM in response to maryam_hasan

If the shop thinks its a software issue and the best solution would to re-install the operating system then yes everything could be deleted. Whatever they have to do backup your data first at home using Time Machine before having it repaired. Use the link below on how back it up and restore.

Back up your files with Time Machine on Mac - Apple Support (CA)

Macbook Air sound problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.