Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transferring data from iPhone to iPhone

Can I transfer my SIM card after transferring the data and settings to my new phone?

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 8:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 20, 2023 8:48 PM

caboose1017 Said:

"transferring data from iPhone to iPhone: Can I transfer my SIM card after transferring the data and settings to my new phone?"

-------

Inserting a SIM Card After Set Up:

For all to work, you need a properly-configured SIM Card or eSIM Card in there, given your location. So, if using the same carrier, then using it on the new device after transferring data is just fine. If you still cannot get it to work, then contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provides you with the service of configuring the SIM Card.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 20, 2023 8:48 PM in response to caboose1017

caboose1017 Said:

"transferring data from iPhone to iPhone: Can I transfer my SIM card after transferring the data and settings to my new phone?"

-------

Inserting a SIM Card After Set Up:

For all to work, you need a properly-configured SIM Card or eSIM Card in there, given your location. So, if using the same carrier, then using it on the new device after transferring data is just fine. If you still cannot get it to work, then contact your Carrier, as they are the one who provides you with the service of configuring the SIM Card.

transferring data from iPhone to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.