Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to downgrade my Mac mini from Ventura to Monterey?

I need help rolling a new Mac mini from Ventura to Monterey. It has never had Monterey installed on it before

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 9:36 AM

7 replies

Mar 21, 2023 9:43 AM in response to pj_norris

How to Upgrade to  macOS 12 Monterey:

🖥 – Check compatibility of your Mac with macOS Monterey.

macOS Monterey is compatible with these computers:

• MacBook Pro (Early 2013 or newer)
  • MacBook Air (Early 2015 or newer)
  • MacBook (Early 2016 or newer) 
  • iMac Pro (2017) 
  • iMac (Late 2015 or newer)
  • Mac mini (Late 2014 or newer) 
  • Mac Studio (2022)
  • Mac Pro (Late 2013 or newer)

To find the details about your Mac model, click the Apple icon  at the top of your screen and choose About This Mac. 

❗️– IMPORTANT – Backup your data. (You’ve been warned.)

Learn How to Back up your Mac with Time Machine:

Back up your Mac with Time Machine - Apple Support

✅ - Using Safari only, download the macOS Monterey upgrade installer here:

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/macos-monterey/id1576738294

The download will place the "Install macOS Monterey" app in the Applications folder. Double-click the installer to begin the upgrade process. 

OR:

Find the "Upgrade Now" button at the top of this Apple page:

macOS Ventura - Apple

Mar 21, 2023 10:58 AM in response to pj_norris

As I said, you cannot "roll back" a Mac to an earlier operating system. They have essentially said that the latest version they have available only works with Monterey, a no longer Apple supported operating system. Why they told you to do so, I can only guess, but that information was misleading. I suggest:

• You ask them specifically when, and if, a compliant version will be released which works with Apple's current OS.
  • If they cannot provide a version that works with Apple's current operating systems, demand a refund and move on to another source.

Mar 21, 2023 10:15 AM in response to pj_norris

There are good reasons for this. Newer operating systems have additional features and enhanced security. I have found that virtually every app has another company's app which has the same functions. If you tell us what software you are trying to install, we might be able to offer an alternative. Lastly, it is the responsibility to the app's provider to release OS compliant updates. They have long ago received Apple's specifications for Ventura. If Monterey is the last OS they can run with, clearly they are no longer supporting their software. You should move on.

How to downgrade my Mac mini from Ventura to Monterey?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.