Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud contact sync failure

My iCloud contacts sync across my iPhone and iPad, and with iCloud.com. But even though iCloud on my Mac is signed in to the same AppleID, and Contacts are enabled, the contacts on the Mac do not sync with all the others. I have tried signing out of my AppleID and back in on the Mac, and I have tried changing my AppleID password. Any other ideas?

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 11:31 AM

7 replies

Mar 21, 2023 11:49 AM in response to OlderThanThou

OlderThanThou wrote:

My iCloud contacts sync across my iPhone and iPad, and with iCloud.com. But even though iCloud on my Mac is signed in to the same AppleID, and Contacts are enabled, the contacts on the Mac do not sync with all the others. I have tried signing out of my AppleID and back in on the Mac, and I have tried changing my AppleID password. Any other ideas?

Old issue, new issue, what changed?

I see no wide spread issue on the server, not to say there are not some local issues...

typically trying back later would be the course of action:

ref: Apple - Support - System Status

Signing out and back in again is the recommended resolve for issues like yours

Sign out of iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Apple TV, Mac...

I suppose you can sign out/in of iCloud on your other devices as well and compare your results.

or wait a few days and see if it changes.

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.2.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

Mar 21, 2023 5:00 PM in response to leroydouglas

This has been going on for about six weeks. Originally, I signed out of iCloud on my Mac, telling it to save local copies of everything, and then signed back in. Afterwards, I had three copies of most of my contacts. Telling Contacts on the Mac to merge duplicates hung the machine. Ever since, everything syncs correctly except for the contacts. My iPhone, iPad, and iCloud.com all show the same contacts, but many of them are missing. The ones on the Mac are now correct, but I cannot get them to sync with the other three. Since iCloud.com has the same set of corrupted contacts as the other two devices, I believe that the Mac is not syncing. I have signed out and back in to everything, and changed the iCloud password, which forces everything to log back in. Before I did that, I exported the contacts from the Mac's Contacts app, and then re-imported them afterwards.

iCloud contact sync failure

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.