Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't enable find my iphone

I don't know what's wrong in my device. I upgraded to a 14 Pro from an iPhone X. Now that I want to factory reset the X to give away, it tells me I can't because I have to turn off Find My first but I see that Find My is turned off (the option is greyed out even). Then I try to sign out from iCloud but when I click the option at the bottom of the iCloud page, it doesn't do anything. No insert your passcode, or apple ID password or anything.

I tried turning Screen Time off but it doesn't do anything. My Location Services are all enabled and working properly. I think the first step to solve this is to find a way to enable Find My on my devices but the option is greyed out in both phones.

I remember having Find My working properly years ago (I lost my phone and found it through the app), so one day it stopped working without me noticing.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 2:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 1:18 PM

Hey there, HernanY,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Making sure that you disable Find My iPhone on a device before you sell it or gift it someone is so important, and we're happy to help you get this resolved. Is it possible that parental controls have been set up on this iPhone? If so, then it's possible that this is a feature that has been disabled by those restrictions. The best way to tell would be to follow the steps in this article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support That article should take you to the correct section, which is titled "Allow changes to privacy settings".

These are the steps you'll want to start with:

"To allow changes to privacy settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Under Privacy, then choose the settings that you want to restrict."

In your case, however, you'll want to de-select the settings you want to allow access to.

If that doesn't do the trick, we would also recommend ensuring that you've tried rebooting your iPhone. It's a simple step but can often resolve these types of issues with unexpected behavior. Another crucial step is ensuring that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS which you can do in Settings > General > Software Update. These types of updates often include fixes for issues like this so we always recommend doing that.

We hope this does the trick for you!

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 1:18 PM in response to HernanY

Hey there, HernanY,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities.

Making sure that you disable Find My iPhone on a device before you sell it or gift it someone is so important, and we're happy to help you get this resolved. Is it possible that parental controls have been set up on this iPhone? If so, then it's possible that this is a feature that has been disabled by those restrictions. The best way to tell would be to follow the steps in this article: Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support That article should take you to the correct section, which is titled "Allow changes to privacy settings".

These are the steps you'll want to start with:

"To allow changes to privacy settings:

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions. If asked, enter your passcode.
  3. Tap Under Privacy, then choose the settings that you want to restrict."

In your case, however, you'll want to de-select the settings you want to allow access to.

If that doesn't do the trick, we would also recommend ensuring that you've tried rebooting your iPhone. It's a simple step but can often resolve these types of issues with unexpected behavior. Another crucial step is ensuring that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS which you can do in Settings > General > Software Update. These types of updates often include fixes for issues like this so we always recommend doing that.

We hope this does the trick for you!

Cheers.

Can't enable find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.