Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot reset my iPhone SE 2nd generation, it will not let me sign in and it will not let me change my old Apple ID

how do I reset my iPhone SE 2nd generation, it will only give me the option to enter a password and it will not let me change the user id?

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on Mar 21, 2023 3:54 PM

3 replies

Mar 22, 2023 1:27 PM in response to timappleidfrozen

Hello timappleidfrozen,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with using another Apple ID with your iPhone. You will need to sign out of the old Apple ID and sign in with your new one. This goes over how to sign in with your Apple ID: Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

"Sign in on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Sign in to your [device].
  3. On iPhone, sign in to your Apple ID in the Settings app

4. Enter your Apple ID and password.
  5. If prompted, enter the six-digit verification code sent to your trusted device or phone number and complete sign in.

If you're already signed in to iCloud on the iPhone paired with your Apple Watch, you will automatically be signed in to that Apple ID. Learn more about how to set up and sign in to your Apple Watch. "

If there is a reason you are seeing that you are unable to log out of your old one, let us know so that we can help you out.

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Mar 22, 2023 3:18 PM in response to K_Faith

Thank you K Faith for responding to my request,

It would not let my reenter my Apple ID at all and it was like my phone was stuck in a open state all of the time, even after powering it off and when I would power it on, it went directly to home page without even signing in, it would not let me reset the phone, in the end I deleted all of my restore files on my Mac, I powered off the phone and and powered back on with holding the side button on continuously and phone showed up on finder box on Mac, I kept holding down side button and chose to restore the iPhone and after attempting this same process several times it actually went to a new OS state and I was able to save the phone, it seems to work good right now. but thank you anyways for response.

cannot reset my iPhone SE 2nd generation, it will not let me sign in and it will not let me change my old Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.