Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

macOS keeps adding my personal gmail

macOS keeps adding my personal gmail (@gmail.com) account even though I’m selecting and entering the credentials for my work account (Google for Education Account). This happens today on a brand new MacMini M2 with Ventura 13.2.1. How is this even possible?

Mac mini (M2, 2023)

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 3:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2023 2:36 AM

I just want to sync my google calendar, not e-mails.

Anyway, I figured it out. My private gmail address was used as a secondary address for my google work account. When that was removed it started working as expected.

7 replies

Mar 22, 2023 4:06 AM in response to henkewi

henkewi wrote:

macOS keeps adding my personal gmail (@gmail.com) account even though I’m selecting and entering the credentials for my work account (Google for Education Account). This happens today on a brand new MacMini M2 with Ventura 13.2.1. How is this even possible?

Adding where...?

Sign in to your Google Account with another email address

Sep 26, 2023 1:37 PM in response to henkewi

This is the worst! That is the fix. Not sure if it is Apple or Google but if you have a secondary email set up under your Workspace or Classroom email it will add that account to your Mac accounts.

TO FIX: ASK YOUR DOMAIN ADMIN TO LOGIN TO APPS.GOOGLE.COM, GO TO THE USER. SELECT YOUR USER NAME AND IN USER INFORMATION SECTION CLICK ON SECONDARY EMAIL AND REMOVE IT. YOU WANT NOTHING IN THAT FIELD. They save that change and you are fixed.

Nov 1, 2023 4:30 PM in response to leroydouglas

This is on Google. Fought with this for more 6 hours, trying everything under the sun. Has nothing to do with mac, this is all on Google. Seems like they are trying to make it harder to use your google business email through Mac apps, and their strategy works. Everyone uses gmail through their web browser!

The answer is brought to you by MrSamson at the bottom of this thread.

"TO FIX: ASK YOUR DOMAIN ADMIN TO LOGIN TO APPS.GOOGLE.COM, GO TO THE USER. SELECT YOUR USER NAME AND IN USER INFORMATION SECTION CLICK ON SECONDARY EMAIL AND REMOVE IT. YOU WANT NOTHING IN THAT FIELD. They save that change and you are fixed."

macOS keeps adding my personal gmail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.