Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happen to office when I upgraded catalina

After updatingCatalina.. I have lost my games, Office, Outlook, and Excell. Went to recovery mode.... time machine doesn't work. No disk to reinstall showed up. Now what can I do?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 12:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 22, 2023 1:42 PM

If you were using Office 2011 for Mac on an older operating system than Catalina, that 32-bit office suite is not compatible with Catalina which requires 64-bit applications. Your data is just fine though.

Microsoft no longer supports new installations of the current Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 for Mac suite on Catalina as they no longer support that operating system. That do currently support macOS 11, 12, and 13. You can use alternatives that are clones of MS Office, and for which your existing Office documents remain compatible:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 22, 2023 1:42 PM in response to kathyboul

If you were using Office 2011 for Mac on an older operating system than Catalina, that 32-bit office suite is not compatible with Catalina which requires 64-bit applications. Your data is just fine though.

Microsoft no longer supports new installations of the current Microsoft 365 or Office 2021 for Mac suite on Catalina as they no longer support that operating system. That do currently support macOS 11, 12, and 13. You can use alternatives that are clones of MS Office, and for which your existing Office documents remain compatible:

what happen to office when I upgraded catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.