iPhone not sending or receiving pictures

Whenever someone sends me a photo, whether it be a screenshot or normal photo, they will not display. It will not even let me click it or download it. I have to ask for the person to send it through Snapchat or Messenger. When sending photos or videos, they will not send through iMessage. They will barely send through MMS, and if they do, the quality is awful. Everyone I send or receive from are iPhone users. I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max, and currently on iOS 16.3.1. They use to be labeled HEIC, but I changed some settings according to Google and they now just say JPEG, as seen in the photos I attached. It also does this when connected to Wi-Fi. I feel like I've tried everything.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2023 5:15 AM

Ever since upgrading to OS 17.1.2 on my iPhone 13 I can no longer send and receive photos via text MMS, and I have tons of storage space. I am grateful for any ideas to fix this.

Tx,

Jazoo in Perth down unda

96 replies

Apr 14, 2023 12:14 PM in response to caylan2815

Everyone I know with an iPhone is having this problem since updating to iOS 16.4. Pics come through on iPads with the same Apple ID, but not on iPhones. I've personally tried every suggested fix (check/reset all Messages settings, power cycle the phone, reset network settings, reset Messages, reset the whole phone, etc.), on three different iPhone models with two different carriers, and nothing works. I've also noticed almost daily requests to do Apple ID updates that stated at the same time. This appears to a significant bug in iOS 16.4, in the Messages server system, or in the Apple ID system, that will require an update to fix.

Sep 14, 2023 7:18 AM in response to caylan2815

I recently had this happen to me. I made sure that SMS/MMS were enabled on my phone. I did one network reset. (that can be found under settings, general, scroll down to transfer/reset then select reset network.) eventually I called AT&T, who is my carrier, and they had to completely reset my phone to the local towers and it’s fine now. I have an iPhone 12. Hope this helps!

Nov 3, 2023 2:52 AM in response to caylan2815

If your iPhone does not send photos, there are several issues that you can check.

1. Check if the person to whom you're going to send the picture has the iMessage app. If the recipient is not an Apple user, then you need to use other iMessage alternative apps.

2. Check your file size. If the file size is too large, you need to reduce the file size.

3. There could be an iMessage server issue. You can visit Apple's server system page to check the iMessage server status.

Aug 22, 2023 3:19 PM in response to caylan2815

sending photos in any format using a Mac device is truly broken now. The failure mode is that it works for a couple of days and then suddenly stops working. Not a single one of the techniques Apple suggest fixes the problem.

I'm using 13.4.1 on my MacBook, and IOS 16.6 on my iPhone

I use a 10Gb gaming router and >1Gb internet connection which is solid and it screams.

Apple is deaf to this. Telegram works fine, FB messenger is OK, Apple iMessenger and iPhone texting is broken

iPhone not sending or receiving pictures

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.