Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get more space on my hard drive [iMac 2T]

I have a 2017 iMac with 2T drive split into two volumes [Mojave and Monterey-I'm still moving things from Aperture]. I have tried to delete what I can from each volume so there is more room on it, but unsuccessfully. Part of the problem apparently is that Mobile Documents in User Library has 935GB in it =-= I have the bundle 2T of iCloud space and looking at the iCloud Drive itself it's only using 440GB so not sure what is going on. How do I have things left in iCloud but NOT downloaded to the various devices == I mainly want to access wherever I am, not have the stuff also on various drives. I have moved items off the drive where possible and also run TidyUp to clean out dupes but there is still only 240GB of space left --

iMac 27″ 5K, macOS 10.14

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 10:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 10:46 AM

ICloud is a file synchronization tool not a computer offload tool. Whatever is on iCloud is also on the computers accessing the iCloud account.

You can free up local storage space following these instructions: Free up storage space on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies

How to get more space on my hard drive [iMac 2T]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.