Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Login Dialog In Middle of Ventura Upgrade

Hi, I went to upgrade my Mac to Ventura and a few odd things happened:

After hitting Upgrade and entering my password, the Mac went black as usual with an Apple logo and progress bar at the center. It progressed for while and once completed a login dialogue appeared with what appeared to be the marketed Ventura background imagine. I figured it had installed fast. Entered my password and the screen went black again. This time the Apple logo and progress bar slightly changed width / positioning a couple times before settling and showing the message “About 11 minutes remaining.” Then proceeded to install. The same login dialog appeared, but I was able to use the finger scanner to login without the password this time.

Is this normal upgrade behavior? 2020 MacBook Air w/ M1 8g.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 8:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 23, 2023 9:04 PM

Yep, it's a normal upgrade behavior.

Similar questions

1 reply

Login Dialog In Middle of Ventura Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.