Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro M1 Max 16 - Screen flashes black after entering logon password?

Hello.

I have a new MacBook Pro M1 Max. Whenever I go to logon and enter my password the internal display flashes black for a second or two and then the screen comes back and works normally.

I updated to Monterey 12.3 and it did not fix the issue. Surprisingly though - turning off FileVault did seem to fix the issue.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this a known software issue? Is this widespread or should I be returning this before the 14 days are up?

Thanks to all in advance.

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 6:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2022 10:08 AM

Spomo wrote:

Hello.

I have a new MacBook Pro M1 Max. Whenever I go to logon and enter my password the internal display flashes black for a second or two and then the screen comes back and works normally.

I updated to Monterey 12.3 and it did not fix the issue. Surprisingly though - turning off FileVault did seem to fix the issue.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Is this a known software issue? Is this widespread or should I be returning this before the 14 days are up?

If no further issue I would not be concerned... it sounds like software glitch.

If it bugs you— try reinstalling the macOS on top of your existing macOS

reinstall macOS Recovery — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

the current stable release of Monterey macOS is 12.3.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

you can file a bug report here— submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple or here

Feedback - macOS - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2022 10:08 AM in response to Spomo

Spomo wrote:

Hello.

If no further issue I would not be concerned... it sounds like software glitch.

If it bugs you— try reinstalling the macOS on top of your existing macOS

reinstall macOS Recovery — How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

the current stable release of Monterey macOS is 12.3.1

you can file a bug report here— submit your Apple Feedback Product Feedback - Apple or here

Feedback - macOS - Apple

MacBook Pro M1 Max 16 - Screen flashes black after entering logon password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.