Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini M2 Wifi Issue

I recently purchased a new Mac Mini M2 16g 512, and it's having very bad WiFi issues! I set up the computer using ethernet, then switched to WiFi, and noticed the internet was running very slow or not at all. Later it seemed to improve, but then bad again. There was an update, but this did not fix the problem. Is this a defective computer, or is Apple addressing this issue.

I did contact Apple to hopefully resolve this matter, we did a screen share, with lots of testing (with two of there team members, separately), and they were not able to solve the problem.

I need this computer for work and the WiFi must be working properly to use it!

Posted on Mar 24, 2023 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 8:34 PM

imagedude Said:

"Mac Mini M2 Wifi Issue: I recently purchased a new Mac Mini M2 16g 512, and it's having very bad WiFi issues! I set up the computer using ethernet, then switched to WiFi, and noticed the internet was running very slow or not at all. [...]I need this computer for work and the WiFi must be working properly to use it!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 8:34 PM in response to imagedude

imagedude Said:

"Mac Mini M2 Wifi Issue: I recently purchased a new Mac Mini M2 16g 512, and it's having very bad WiFi issues! I set up the computer using ethernet, then switched to WiFi, and noticed the internet was running very slow or not at all. [...]I need this computer for work and the WiFi must be working properly to use it!"

-------

Troubleshooting Mac Wi-Fi:

A few thoughts to try...

I. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

II. Restart your Router:

1. Power: off the router
  2. Wait: 30 seconds
  3. Power: It back on

III. Boot in Safe Mode:

In Safe ModeLogin Items do not run at login, certain preferences are set aside, and damaged system files are then reset. So, once booted in to Safe Mode, wait 30 seconds, and then boot up normally, attempting another update install. For instructions, go here: How to Use safe Mode on your Mac - Apple Support

IV. Try a New Admin User:

What happens when you create a new administrator user, and log into it? Do you still get this error? If not, then it is likely an error with the current user. If so, then it is likely an error with your Mac.

V. Reset your SMC and your NVRAM:

(Applies to Intel-Basel Macs Only) Sometimes changes (i.e. Installations) are made to the system and then settings (i.e. Networking) become corrupted, technically. So, reset both on your Mac. So, reset the SMC and reset the NVRAM or PRAM. It might take three tries. to fix this. So, be certain you have the time to do so.

Start With This:

Mar 26, 2023 10:18 PM in response to den.thed

This article may not works for the M2 Mac mini.

The new M2 Mac mini can only connect to 2.4Ghz wifi normally.

However, once we connect to 5Ghz Wifi, the Mac mini will drop the internet connection every 15 mins or just showing "No Internet connection".

The wifi speed also very slow when connect to 5Ghz 802.11ac.

Maybe the hardware issues of the M2 or the macOS bugs.

Here are many user meets the same problems.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254587195

Mac Mini M2 Wifi Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.