📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iPadOS 18 is now available

Explore new ways to work with Apple Pencil, discover new experiences in apps, and customize iPad even further. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sidecar Connection for MacPro M1X and iPad

Hi, I've tried to connect my MacBook Pro M1X to an iPad mini gen 5 via the AirPlay mirroring function but it simply will not connect either hard-wired or bluetooth. Some people have recommended Sidecar but they do not tell you how to do that. I believe that you click and hold on the green dot on a window and an option will appear but my iPad mini doesn't show up there either. Are there other settings for Sidecar?

What I want to do is drag a window to the iPad so that I can use an Apple Pencil (gen 1 for gen 5 Mini) to draw on Photoshop etc.

I'm using the latest iOS for the iPad and Monterrey 12.6.3.

Thanks for any help!!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 11:23 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:37 AM

Sidecar Requirements:

More information on Sidecar and Screen Mirroring here 👉 Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

One other thing is that if you are using VPN on your Mac or your iPad then turn it OFF.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Mar 26, 2023 1:37 AM in response to Kraybar

Sidecar Requirements:

More information on Sidecar and Screen Mirroring here 👉 Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac - Apple Support

One other thing is that if you are using VPN on your Mac or your iPad then turn it OFF.

Axel F.

No Sidecar Connection for MacPro M1X and iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.