Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unidentified Malware Removal

I get alerts Mac style on desktop from unidentified malware. This after had clicked on a phishing email from my university mail account. Malware's pop ups says "Your system is at risk! Update your antivirus!". I've been running malwarebytes, etrecheck, Bitdefender and CleanmymacX but couldn't find anything. Also the message seems repeating every 18 minutes, either Safari stands open, either is closed. Any clue?

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 2:24 PM

5 replies

Mar 25, 2023 4:47 PM in response to emians

the fact that you are using bit defender as well as cleanmymacx could easily explain the virus warnings that you are getting. those types of apps are well known to cause issues, such as "false positives" to ensure that you keep using them. and additionally, many users here equate those apps as malware all by themselves. you would do well to uninstall both of them using the developers' instructions.

and since you are using EtreCheck, it might be helpful to post the results here for us to examine. and it automatically obscures sensitive things (like serial numbers) so you don't have to worry about sharing the report here.

please see How to use the Add Text Feature When Posting Large Amounts of Text, i.e. an Etrecheck Report if you would like us to have a look.

Unidentified Malware Removal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.