Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone charging issue

iPhone will not charge due to snow getting into the charging area. Message keeps coming up that 'liquid is detected. I have been drying it for 12 hours-still no luck.

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 6:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 6:27 PM

As long as moisture is detected, the phone will not charge and possibly there has been other damage that will prevent the phone from working. In that case, you will need to have it checked out at the nearest Apple Store....

Apple Store - Find a Store - Apple

4 replies

Mar 25, 2023 6:46 PM in response to CW-1

CW-1 Said:

"iPhone charging issue: iPhone will not charge due to snow getting into the charging area. Message keeps coming up that 'liquid is detected. I have been drying it for 12 hours-still no luck."

-------

Extracting the Water...

Take it to a Retailer:

The only inexpensive way I can think of(an it will cost money) is to take it to a retailer, seeing if they have a device that gets the water out of a phone. Retailers have these.

Mar 25, 2023 7:05 PM in response to CW-1

CW-1 Said:

"Believe it or not, shortly after I posted I tried again to charge my phone and to my surprise there was no longer a message of 'liquid detected'! It is now accepting a charge. I let it dry for 12 hours. HALLELU!"

-------

If need be reply back, and keep us posted. Just let it sit aside for the time being (out of bright light).

iPhone charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.