Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Apple Watch 7 wallet press mode

Why doesn’t my wallet Express Mode work on my Apple Watch 7? It is turned on in both the watch wallet app and the Watch app on my iPhone 13 Pro Max.

I have tried holding the Watch near the Apple Pay icon without opening the wallet app, and also opening the app before holding the Watch near the pay icon. Always need to double click side button first.

I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong and need help.

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 7:19 PM

5 replies

May 24, 2023 11:46 PM in response to ketchua

However, in general, if you're experiencing issues with Express Mode on your Apple Watch, here are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. Make sure your Apple Watch and iPhone are both updated to the latest software versions. New software updates often include bug fixes and improvements.
  2. Ensure that you have added the credit or debit cards you want to use with Apple Pay to your Wallet app on your iPhone. Double-check that the cards are set up properly and are not expired.
  3. Verify that your Apple Watch is paired with your iPhone and connected via Bluetooth. Sometimes, connectivity issues can affect the functionality of Apple Pay.
  4. On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wallet & Apple Pay, and make sure that "Express Travel Card" or "Express Mode" is enabled.
  5. Restart both your Apple Watch and iPhone. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary issues.

If you have tried these steps and are still experiencing problems, I recommend contacting Apple Support directly or visiting an Apple Store for further assistance. They will have the most accurate and up-to-date information regarding the Apple Watch 7 and can provide you with specific troubleshooting steps based on its features and functionality.

Please keep in mind that my response is based on information available up until September 2021, and it's possible that new features or changes have been introduced since then.

Apple Watch 7 wallet press mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.