Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music App RAM usage skyrocketing

I have a new MacBook Pro. The Music app RAM usage skyrockets out of control until I start to get memory errors. Anyone know what is causing this? I see mentions of this problem from years ago, but can't find any fix. There was one mention that it is loading new album artwork, but it seems like all my artwork is there. My library is on the built-in hard-drive. Not really sure what is causing this. Eventually it brings everything to a halt and I have to shut it down. For now I can't use the Music application. Thanks!

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 25, 2023 8:00 PM

"Music App RAM usage skyrocketing: I have a new MacBook Pro. The Music app RAM usage skyrockets out of control until I start to get memory errors. Anyone know what is causing this?"

-------

RAM Consumption:

As for the message, it is telling you that an application or file or sorts is consuming lost of RAM. So, view the Activity Monitorseeing what is consuming the most of it, and close whatever it may be. More on Activity MonitorActivity Monitor User Guide - Apple Support.  See my User Tip: News Streaming Sites Consuming Lots of RAM ( >4GB) - Apple Community

Keep Security Software Off of your Mac.

It just gets in the way, and is sometimes un-installable. If you need to update sometimes, then its Firewall Settings may just get in the way.

But...

Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found. Perhaps something was installed that made this occur. Remove what is found from the quarantine. Malware is short for: Malicious Software, which makes you computer act in a mislead manor.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstalle

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 25, 2023 8:00 PM in response to Reeb Venners

"Music App RAM usage skyrocketing: I have a new MacBook Pro. The Music app RAM usage skyrockets out of control until I start to get memory errors. Anyone know what is causing this?"

-------

RAM Consumption:

As for the message, it is telling you that an application or file or sorts is consuming lost of RAM. So, view the Activity Monitorseeing what is consuming the most of it, and close whatever it may be. More on Activity MonitorActivity Monitor User Guide - Apple Support.  See my User Tip: News Streaming Sites Consuming Lots of RAM ( >4GB) - Apple Community

Keep Security Software Off of your Mac.

It just gets in the way, and is sometimes un-installable. If you need to update sometimes, then its Firewall Settings may just get in the way.

But...

Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac:

Start with running a scan for malware, using Malwarebytes for Mac and remove what is found. Perhaps something was installed that made this occur. Remove what is found from the quarantine. Malware is short for: Malicious Software, which makes you computer act in a mislead manor.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstalle

Music App RAM usage skyrocketing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.