Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail on Mac suddenly not working

The Mail on my Mac suddenly stopped working yesterday. Nothing with my email has changed, and it is still working on my phone.

I have tried restarting my computer as well as quitting Mail and reopening. When I go to Window -> Connection Doctor it says that "Trying to log in to this SMPT account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct" and "Trying to log in to this IMAP account failed. Verify that the username and password are correct".

I'm not sure what this means or how to fix it since nothing changed and I was on my computer when it suddenly stopped working.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.2

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 3:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 4:12 AM

You're welcome. FWIW, you were supposed to restart afterwards. No matter, if it's still not working, check the settings in System Settings > Internet Accounts. If they seem correct, you may have to delete the account then re-add it.

5 replies

Mail on Mac suddenly not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.