Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Wallpapers on IPhone XS with the new update

Does the newest update 16.3 remove live wallpapers? I’ve been trying to find a way to set one but I’m not sure how if anyone could help me out that would be great

iPhone XS, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 12:29 PM

Live Wallpapers as you know them, where you hold the screen and the image moves, are unfortunately no longer available in iOS 16. A long press on the lock screen will now make your iPhone go into Lockscreen Customize mode.

There are some "moving" pre-installed Wallpapers, such as Weather & Astronomy or Collections. Long Press on your Lock Screen and tap the blue "+" in the bottom right corner and see what's available.

You can find more useful information here:

Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 26, 2023 12:29 PM in response to Cocotheking123

Live Wallpapers as you know them, where you hold the screen and the image moves, are unfortunately no longer available in iOS 16. A long press on the lock screen will now make your iPhone go into Lockscreen Customize mode.

There are some "moving" pre-installed Wallpapers, such as Weather & Astronomy or Collections. Long Press on your Lock Screen and tap the blue "+" in the bottom right corner and see what's available.

You can find more useful information here:

Mar 26, 2023 12:39 PM in response to Cocotheking123

Cocotheking ~ As an alternative, Apple's new Live Weather wallpaper for the Lock Screen & Home Screen(s) is worth trying. It will display a background image of the current weather in your location – so a dynamically changing sunny, cloudy, or rainy, etc. "sky". The screenshots below of my Home Screen show only a small sample of the possibilities – at sunrise, mid-morning and night:

Open Settings > Tap Wallpaper > Tap “+Add New Wallpaper” > Tap blue Weather icon at top right > Tap "Add" at top right > Tap "Set as a Wallpaper Pair" > Swipe up from the bottom to finish.

Also check these:

Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services > Location Services = ON

...Then scroll down to Weather, tap it and:

Always = Checked

Precise Location = ON

õ¿õ¬

Live Wallpapers on IPhone XS with the new update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.