Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Permissions problems?

I have not before experienced serious problems with permissions, but for no obvious reasons, all of a sudden I am not able to access files from one of my iMacs, but no problem the other way meaning:

no problems accessing files on my Mac running OS 10.13.6 from my Mac running OS 13.2.1, but no access the other way !

Would someone have an idea to the cause of this ?

Only I have access to the computers, and no change has been made to permissions.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Mar 26, 2023 1:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 8:24 AM

If a simple reboot of your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 27, 2023 8:24 AM in response to Walentin

If a simple reboot of your Mac doesn’t fix things, see if the problem still happens in Safe mode (press and hold the shift key down at startup). It can take much longer to safe boot (10 min) so be patient.

How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support 

Safe mode is non-destructive to user data. It’s not a cure-all, but very often corrects  weird software behavior. When you're in safe boot, the machine will not be at its best performance, especially with graphics, but that's expected.

Does the problem persist while in Safe mode?

Exit safe mode by restarting your Mac normally and re-evaluate the issue again.

Permissions problems?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.