Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

player dmg virus

I was studying and went to a website that redirected to a Download Flash Player fake website. Since then every some minutes I am seeng that the settings notifications in my Mac Pro gives '3Viruses found, click here'. When I click it, it redirects to McAfee page in Safari. It asks to buy McAfee as there apparently are viruses in my machine.

I downloaded BitDefender via Apple Store and did a full scan which found 3 Gen viruses and disinfected 1. I could see their locations (downloads folder) but neither could I find them in Downloads folder nor could I click 'Open in Finder' in BitDefender... I deleted everything from Downloads folder, tried with different free Antivirus but no help...

I also found that Apple has its own strong protections. I dont know how I can use them.

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 4:27 AM

Please check Safari Settings and select the Website section, then scroll down to Notifications, as shown in the screenshot below. Delete all you haven't knowingly added. or all of them.

9 replies

player dmg virus

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.