Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura Showing Dock Application Hovering Titles In Fullscreen

I use the dock at the bottom of the screen on my desktop.

When I have an application in full screen and I hover my mouse along the very bottom of that full screen application, I still have the titles of my applications on my dock that pop up along the bottom of the screen. This is really annoying and obstructive as they are pretty large and won't go away unless I finick with the mouse along the screen.

The problem can be slightly remedied with a smaller dock size, but I really like the way I have it.

Is there any fix to this or why this might be happening? I have already restarted and updated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 1:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 11:27 AM

I got it fixed. I was trying out an application called "uBar," that replaces the dock with a different look. I messed with some settings in that application preferences and then deleted uBar without changing them back, creating some amount of bugs. I redownloaded and unchecked some settings I activated on it, and when I re-deleted I now longer encounter these issues.

(specifically I ticked the always hide dock box in the uBar preferences, unchecking and re-deleting solved my weird dock bugs.)

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 29, 2023 11:27 AM in response to clean_build

I got it fixed. I was trying out an application called "uBar," that replaces the dock with a different look. I messed with some settings in that application preferences and then deleted uBar without changing them back, creating some amount of bugs. I redownloaded and unchecked some settings I activated on it, and when I re-deleted I now longer encounter these issues.

(specifically I ticked the always hide dock box in the uBar preferences, unchecking and re-deleting solved my weird dock bugs.)

Mar 29, 2023 11:24 AM in response to dialabrain

Thanks. That's not really what I mean. I guess what I mean is that I know in full screen applications the dock can appear if you scroll down enough off the bottom of the screen otherwise it will "submerge" below the screen. But in my case it didn't seem to fall low enough off the screen such that when I hovered my mouse at the bottom edge of the screen, the titles of the applications on the dock would obscure my screen.

MacOS Ventura Showing Dock Application Hovering Titles In Fullscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.