Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove old Airplay Devices?

I recently bought a TV for our boardroom at work. The TV supported Airplay so I turned it on so we had the option to mirror our iPhones if we needed to. Now, the TV is stuck on my Airplay list every time I connect to Wifi, even when I’m at home! I have tried resetting my network settings on my phone, turning off Airplay on the TV (many, many times), changing the IP address of the TV, turning off wifi on the TV, unplugging the TV and renaming the TV. It still shows up, not sure what to do beside go nuclear and reset my phone.

Posted on Mar 27, 2023 8:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2023 8:38 AM

Okay, I'm out of ideas then. The last hope is that it disappears on its own. The info I can find is that AirPlay devices that have not been connected for 30 days disappear automatically. Alternatively, you have to start with the big Factory Reset solution, but I think it's a bit drastic. By the way, have you updated to iOS 16.4 - a simple update can also sometimes solve such small "glitches"

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2023 8:38 AM in response to JDoGinc

Okay, I'm out of ideas then. The last hope is that it disappears on its own. The info I can find is that AirPlay devices that have not been connected for 30 days disappear automatically. Alternatively, you have to start with the big Factory Reset solution, but I think it's a bit drastic. By the way, have you updated to iOS 16.4 - a simple update can also sometimes solve such small "glitches"

Mar 27, 2023 9:29 PM in response to JDoGinc

Have you tried restarting your iPhone?

Normally you will see a list of available AirPlay devices if they are available. The devices cannot be deleted as they are removed themselves if they are not available. Make sure your TV is not connected to Wi-Fi, possibly also Bluetooth if the TV has it.

Then, do a Forced Restart of your iPhone.

1. Press and quickly release Volume Up

2. Press and quickly release Volume Down

3. Press and hold the Side Button, the phone will restart. Release when you see the Apple Logo

Mar 28, 2023 7:34 AM in response to JDoGinc

Ok you have done a Forced Restart Hmm mysterious. If the TV is not on Wi-Fi then you should not be able to see it.

Have you tried logging into your router's settings - this is done from the browser on your phone or computer, some routers also have an app that can be used. But inside those settings you can see the devices that have been signed in to Wi-Fi, and remove them as trusted devices. In this way, you are sure that the TV does not appear on the network. Alternatively, you can change the Wi-Fi code - this is more cumbersome, however, as you then have to set up all devices again.

Mar 28, 2023 8:33 AM in response to Community User

I have 3 Airport WIFI devices at home hardwired together (3-story home). I am able to go into Airport Utilities and account for all my devices. I thought the TV at my office was using the same IP address as a device at home. This was not the case. The TV does not appear on my home network.

Also, when I changed the name of the TV at my office the change showed up on my phone. But when I turn off Airplay on the TV or even unplug the TV the name reverts back to "Samsung AU8000 85 TV" and If I try to click on it, it times out and says "unable to connect to...."

Mar 28, 2023 8:45 AM in response to Community User

Hello,

I am hopeful it will disappear after 30 days. If it does, I will double back to this forum to notify.

I did consider going nuclear and doing a factory reset, but I just can’t bring myself to doing that. Maybe if I had more time on my hands.

I did update to 16.4 last night, but sadly this did not fix this issue.

I really appreciate you taking time to help troubleshoot.

How to remove old Airplay Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.